For our (free) service to act as your Confidant we developed a Protocol.
Its terms & conditions are summarized below.
We as your confidant:
- are free to decide whether we want to act in such capacity.
- act as a source of information and advisor about corporate governance matters for shareholders, supervisory and executive boards.
- are independent and not accountable to any third party.
- do not contact the organization about which we are consulted in any manner, nor other organizations or persons and will not conduct our own investigation.
- will keep confidential everything that we learn in such capacity. We will not take notes.
- do not advise on legal or professional matters, do not act as auditor or lawyer and will not give an opinion on accountability matters.
- do not act as proxy or witness in procedures and will invoke our right on privilege (unless the competent judge decides otherwise).
- will breach our duty of confidentialy only in case of: (i) demonstrable very large damage or danger for you, your organization or third parties; (ii) this risk still occurs; (iii) we do not have other reasonable alternatives available; and only after we have informed you before.
- do not accept a role as confidant in case we already act as confidant of an employee, executive, supervisory board member, shareholder or material business or family relationship of you or your organization.
- subject ourself to all relevant compliance rules of the professional organizations of which we are a member.
- in principle do not charge a fee.
- may discontinue the assignment as confidant at any given moment without the obligation to provide reasons therefore.
- do not accept any liability for our acting as confidant.